Thursday, April 7, 2011

On to new things, now.

Well, it has been quite a while since I've posted, so I see. I am still working on getting my pig sty sewing room cleaned up and organized. I had both of my work tables cluttered up with boxes, and was asked to make them look real nice for some workmen who were coming to install some new phone/TV/Internet cabling. Well, I didn't have a lot of time to do it all in, so I had to stuff things here and there. I am now trying to find a certain batch of fabric pieces I was planning to make into a tiered skirt and q-snap cover(s). I *know* they are in this room, somewhere. I've just got to go through every nook and cranny until I find them, and do so without completely re-wrecking the room.

The reason I had to get my sewing room cleaned up for the above-mentioned installation is because the Internet router-modem is in my sewing room, mainly because it is convenient for me to have in here, since I am the resident computer tech. I am the go-to person when computer/Internet problems arise. It's not uncommon for me to hear someone ask, "Mom/Susie, how come I can't get such and such to work/pull up on the computer?". Either that, or they will ask me why such and such is happening on their computer. I say, "I don't know why", and then have them tell me what is going on. Between what they tell me and what I find by tinkering with their computer, I can usually figure out what the problem is...lol. Sometimes it's nice being so important, but other times, not so nice; can be a PITA...lol.

At any rate, though, I do have some new projects on the drawing board, along with getting that casual shirt made for my youngest son. I am looking at getting into making baby/toddler clothes. I've never made any such type of clothing, before, but I do happen to have a nice, little 'guinea pig' living right across the street from me...:D.

No comments:

Post a Comment